While most of us respect that the terminally ill or very old might want to exercise their right to die, not many have come around on the idea that any adult with mental capacity should have the right to end their life on their own terms.
Philip Nitschke joins me to explain why Exit International provides information and works to move legislation past a medicalized model to bring this crucial right to more people.
- In this episode, we discuss:
- Societal taboos around this topic
- The interest by the general public in understanding this right
- What are the new trends in this area
- Why people who want to exercise this right need a plan in place
- What a SARCO pod is
- And much more...